05 January 2010

Disappointed ....

Tuesday 5th January 2010

I have spent the whole day trying to find something positive without success. Some friends and I went to the China Mart this morning. I was convinced that this would be a great positive to write about. A little China within the SA context is a good sign of how well this country is handling the diverse population - Mandela's rainbow nation, but alas our exotice shopping experience was a fiasco because after a 30 minute drive in the pouring rain we only managed fifteen minutes shopping before the outages began - we waited half an hour for eskom to reconnect but when that did not happen we left. Outages are definite negatives whichever way you want to look at it.

Working on my computer I get frustrated with the slow speed of the internet even though i have an ADSL line - so this is definitely a big negative. Everywhere I look I see one negative after another. I think I am going to give up to-day - perhaps tomorrow I will find something....

No comments: